Consider breast reconstruction in honor of Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day on October 20
- Posted on: Oct 15 2022
October 20th is Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day, a day that impacts the many women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. The decision to undergo complete breast removal, or a mastectomy, after a breast cancer diagnosis is a personal one and leaves many women feeling less than feminine after the loss of their breasts. Dr. Kimberly Carpin of Webster, TX, is here to provide breast reconstruction surgery for women who have made the decision to remove their breasts but want to maintain their natural, feminine silhouette.
Why do women consider breast reconstruction surgery?
Most women who have undergone breast cancer surgery choose to have breast reconstruction surgery. This is a personal decision that each woman makes for herself, based on her own unique circumstances. There are many reasons why women might choose to have breast reconstruction surgery, including:
- To restore her natural silhouette and achieve a more balanced appearance.
- To feel more comfortable in one’s own skin to regain a sense of femininity.
- To boost her self-confidence and improve her quality of life.
- To avoid the need for expensive and painful prosthetics or bras that can be uncomfortable to wear.
- To undergo a single surgical procedure instead of multiple surgeries (e.g., mastectomy followed by breast implant surgery).
- To have the peace of mind knowing her breasts will look and feel natural following treatment.
- To avoid the visible scars that can be left behind after a mastectomy.
- To have more control over the final appearance of her breasts.
- To reduce the risk of cancer recurrence in the reconstructed breast(s).
- To undergo a less invasive surgical procedure than a traditional mastectomy.
Ultimately, the decision to have breast reconstruction surgery is a highly personal one that should be made between a woman and her doctor. If you are thinking about undergoing breast reconstruction surgery, be sure to discuss all of your options and concerns with Dr. Kimberly Carpin to ensure you are making the right decision for your unique needs. Call 281-333-4600 to request an appointment at our Webster, TX area office to learn more about this and other body procedures available at her practice.
Posted in: Breast Reconstruction