Where to get garments for post-surgery
- Posted on: Sep 15 2021
Compression garments are often thought of as tight clothing worn by athletes during sports activities or the type of clothing used to help contour the body underneath clothing. However, compression garments are also a wonderful way to reduce a variety of issues following plastic surgery body procedures. In fact, at the practice of Dr. Kimberly Carpin, she often recommends that patients obtain compression garments before their treatment and wear them as directed afterwards. There are many reasons why they are suggested.
Why are compression garments recommended after plastic surgery procedures?
Body procedures such as liposuction and tummy tucks may require patients to wear compression garments after their treatments. There are many reasons why these are so highly recommended to individuals. Compression garments:
- Reduce the likelihood of uncomfortable and unsightly swelling of the body
- Help the body recover following plastic surgery procedures
- Increase patient comfort following surgical treatments
- Reduce the accumulation of fluids during the healing process
- Apply pressure across the treated area to prevent fluid buildup and help body absorb accumulated fluids
- Decrease the development of significant bruising
- Improve the appearance of scarring as much as possible
- Shape the patient’s final results
- Can improve one’s posture to facilitate easier movement following surgeries
Where can I obtain compression garments for my upcoming procedure?
Many medical stores online and in town carry compression garments for purchase. Patients who own products such as Spanx products may also find these to be sufficient to provide the compression needed for proper healing. If you have any difficulty finding compression garments, ask Dr. Kimberly Carpin for recommendations to locate them and have them on hand when needed.
How do I learn more about surgical procedures available for the body in Webster, TX?
Dr. Kimberly Carpin of Webster, TX is pleased to offer surgical solutions for patients who are considering upcoming body procedures. She recommends that patients arrange to obtain compression garments prior to their surgery. Contact her office located at 18201-B Gulf Freeway at (281) 333-4600 to request a consultation appointment and initial evaluation to discuss your concerns regarding the healing and recovery process of most plastic surgery treatments available at her facility.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery